Successful event.

Moraiwe
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: MBBL
Favourite Race: Khemri

Re: GOLDCRUSH 2016

Post by Moraiwe »

You know it's a good format when the top 10 players were different races. Superb work gentlemen.
I feel only two things: nothing and nothingness.

jamesfynmore2
Star Player
Star Player
Favourite Race: Slaan

Post by jamesfynmore2 »

Quickly becoming my favourite format! 4 super entertaining games with soo many different builds available.

My notes on the day are similar to Liams, coming in to game 4 if you have two undefeated coaches, they should be playing off. Secondly was the timing of each round. All other Vic tourneys have 2 hour 15 time slot and seems to work. 2 hours is just a bit tight, especially considering that Goldcrush is mostly high TV than the other tournament. Also on the same note, stipulate the time ruling in the players pack and use it for every round. A little peeved that round 1 and 2 went over time and round 3 got called
JoeKano wrote:I had a good day and happy with the 4th and the draw that cost the the Red Beast the tournament haha!
I'll get you next time Joe! 8) ;D

Jonno
Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior
BB League: Ballarat
Favourite Race: Ogre

Post by Jonno »

On timing, as I have already commented that the bonus points is under review ( and I think that this needs to change - we tried something different and it didn't pan out as best that it should have):

James, each round actually went about 2hrs 15 - we say 2 hrs to try and get people to play quickly; this was evident by the fact that for some, lunch was non-existent. As it was, a game in R1 that started late got called as well. Round one may have seemed long b/c we started later than expected. And, as for R3, both yourself and opponent were given a chance to score after the game had been called and all other games had been completed. Maybe we need chess clocks? Then again, calling out "1hr to go", "half an hour to go" and "7 mins to go" seemed to work for pretty much all of the other tables!

Actually, I'll probably stick with that.

I think a little responsibility rests with the players if they are playing slow; especially if the other games in the round have either finished or are finishing at the time of calling.
Eucbowl Best Painted 2015, 17 & 18.
Cancon Best Painted 2016
SSB Best Painted 2016 & 2017
ASC III & ASC IV Best Painted
Big V 2018 Best Painted
GOLDCRUSH is the way.

Dazedmw
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
Favourite Race: Undead

Post by Dazedmw »

Jonno wrote:I think a little responsibility rests with the players if they are playing slow; especially if the other games in the round have either finished or are finishing at the time of calling.
We should have an all Flings tournament. Then we can play 6 games in a day and be off to the pub early!
Centaur of Attention - Season 21 MBBL

http://melbourne.bloodbowlleague.com/de ... p=tm&t=cen

Jonno
Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Post by Jonno »

Thanks for the levity Matt. Can be a little frustrating, tho. As we know, tournaments are a live beast that do not always run to plan. On occasion time needs to be managed. It is appreciated when coaches help out and adapt to the situation.
Cancon Best Painted 2016
Big V 2018 Best Painted
GOLDCRUSH is the way.

Nubs11
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: GARBBL

Post by Nubs11 »

For me with timing the main thing is that its consistent. If a game goes over don't be afraid to call it, like you said its on the coaches to play faster, and having a game called should make everyone play a little faster. Last games of the day shouldn't matter too much, but even then people want to get home so I have no problem games being called then too
Subscribe to my blood bowl channel and my general gaming channel.

Follow me on twitter
1st: Blocktober B 2012, Goldcrush 2015, Conquest 2015
2nd: Conquest 2014, WAACY Bowl 2014

Dazedmw
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Dazedmw »

Jonno wrote:Thanks for the levity Matt. Can be a little frustrating, tho. As we know, tournaments are a live beast that do not always run to plan. On occasion time needs to be managed. It is appreciated when coaches help out and adapt to the situation.
One thing that occurs to me with our little one day tournaments in Vic, where 80% of the attendees are regulars, is that we share responsibility with running things. Different people enter results, check standings etc.

Timing was a bit more difficult to police since starting and finishing times weren't posted anywhere. With the Flings I usually finished early and did walk around a bit asking people to hurry up where needed but if the timings were posted on a whiteboard/poster and the finishing options were clear (one turn each, or 7 mins or whatever) those that finish early should be able to put some effort into giving those that need it an "educated" nudge.

I know that, in general, one source of frustration on the part of players is that its usually not both player's fault which can be difficult to work out if the TO is playing (no criticism there) as well.

jamesfynmore2
Star Player
Star Player

Post by jamesfynmore2 »

In round 1 the game that started late was called , but the two other games that ran over were allowed to finish well over time. Round 2 (which included lunch) had not finished by 1:45 which included lunch and no games got called. So round 3 started late and was the only round to have been called. And as I said before, there was no rule in the players pack to state what rules were used when going to time. Lastly, my game was called well before the other late game, and they continued to play why we argued that time shouldn't be called, then Joe and I had the extra turn that most tournament put in their rules pack, and the other game was STILL going. Just seemed strange is to call one game and leave half a dozen for the day keep going.

Jonno
Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Post by Jonno »

Yep, I think that one of the best things about yesterday was the help that others gave with the running of the day. Awesome.
Cancon Best Painted 2016
Big V 2018 Best Painted
GOLDCRUSH is the way.

Jonno
Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Post by Jonno »

jamesfynmore2 wrote: Just seemed strange is to call one game and leave half a dozen for the day keep going.
Yeah, we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one James, because that's not how I saw it. Apols if you feel that it was inconsistent.
Cancon Best Painted 2016
Big V 2018 Best Painted
GOLDCRUSH is the way.

Cannoneer
Flesh Golem
Flesh Golem
Favourite Race: Dark Elf

Post by Cannoneer »

Grats to the winner!! Even if it was Moraiwe,

Still on my bucket list of Tournies to be attended, alas, Master 13 had his birthday on the same day and we had to make a bit of a fuss about it as he usually misses out previous years. But planning to attend!!

Dazedmw
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Dazedmw »

I have a question, how was the Tri City Cup decided?

Jonno
Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Post by Jonno »

Sounds like a loaded question. But now that I think about it more closely, perhaps pertinent. I had help working it out...

Steve + Matt + Kyle = 1+7+9 = 17

Liam + James + Bish + 6+2+3 = 11

Jonno + Pat + Paul M = 5+11+12 = too much.

Geelong claimed Bish - are you now saying that it was annachie? That also rings a bell. Let me check my notes. Ummm... yes, it says annachie (10th), Geeling boys. Which means Melb has it. Would you like to protest?

And another oopsy that I take responsibility for...
Cancon Best Painted 2016
Big V 2018 Best Painted
GOLDCRUSH is the way.

Moraiwe
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Moraiwe »

Ha! Suck it, you glorified rest stops of towns.

Dazedmw
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Dazedmw »

I think the Tri City Cup should probably be a "all decisions are final on the day, no correspondence will be entered into after the TO has left the venue" type event.

Beside, puts a stain on the Geelong record that we can make fun of for years to come.

Jonno
Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Post by Jonno »

Yes, we'll leave the faux win with Geelong. The thing is, Bish went along with it....

Also, I get the feeling more and more that the TO left the building after R3.
Cancon Best Painted 2016
Big V 2018 Best Painted
GOLDCRUSH is the way.

Moraiwe
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Moraiwe »

I blame a certain twat for not playing Khemri... the fabric of the universe barely held together.

Nubs11
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: GARBBL

Post by Nubs11 »

Well James and I claimed Bish from the start, then someone said that Annachie lives in Geelong. He then proceeds to tell us that he only lives an hour and a half from Geelong so I assumed that we went with the original decision of Bish. My bad if we didn't
Subscribe to my blood bowl channel and my general gaming channel.

Follow me on twitter
1st: Blocktober B 2012, Goldcrush 2015, Conquest 2015
2nd: Conquest 2014, WAACY Bowl 2014

ksharper
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
Favourite Race: Chaos Dwarf

Post by ksharper »

Nubs11 wrote:Well James and I claimed Bish from the start, then someone said that Annachie lives in Geelong. He then proceeds to tell us that he only lives an hour and a half from Geelong so I assumed that we went with the original decision of Bish. My bad if we didn't
I'm pretty sure annachie piped up with the fact he lives a few hours from Geelong.
Should have been bish in the team i believe.

Champion - WAACY 2009, Blocktober 2010, Eucbowl 2014, Mayhem on Malop 2015, Ironman 2016, SSB 2016