GOLDCRUSH 2016

Dazedmw
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: MBBL
Favourite Race: Undead

Re: GOLDCRUSH 2016

Post by Dazedmw »

Nubs11 wrote:Well James and I claimed Bish from the start, then someone said that Annachie lives in Geelong. He then proceeds to tell us that he only lives an hour and a half from Geelong so I assumed that we went with the original decision of Bish.
That's a good tactic. Half claim two players and then count the score of the best one once the games are played!
Centaur of Attention - Season 21 MBBL

http://melbourne.bloodbowlleague.com/de ... p=tm&t=cen

Nubs11
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: GARBBL
Favourite Race: Slaan

Post by Nubs11 »

I was team Bish from the start
Subscribe to my blood bowl channel and my general gaming channel.

Follow me on twitter
1st: Blocktober B 2012, Goldcrush 2015, Conquest 2015
2nd: Conquest 2014, WAACY Bowl 2014

Jonno
Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior
BB League: Ballarat
Favourite Race: Ogre

Post by Jonno »

To be fair, after R1 I heard some Geelong words to the effect of, "well done Bish" etc. I was also under the impression he was Geelong for the day.
Eucbowl Best Painted 2015, 17 & 18.
Cancon Best Painted 2016
SSB Best Painted 2016 & 2017
ASC III & ASC IV Best Painted
Big V 2018 Best Painted
GOLDCRUSH is the way.

Bishop
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Bishop »

Point Cook is nearly a suburb of Geelong. Probably Ballarat before long too ;)

ksharper
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
Favourite Race: Chaos Dwarf

Post by ksharper »

How goes the results upload to naf?

Champion - WAACY 2009, Blocktober 2010, Eucbowl 2014, Mayhem on Malop 2015, Ironman 2016, SSB 2016

D_Arquebus
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: SLOBB + SWL

Post by D_Arquebus »

This ones on me.

Just following up the two new sign ups for some details.

On the case.
NAF Regional Tourney Organiser (Oz/ NZ)

13th Worldwide to 24 Teams :)

Results by Team: Play the 24+2 :)
Sport: Necro, Ogre
Painted: 24hr Painting Challenge
Wins: 15/26 Teams (enjoyin the 26)
Podiums: 25/26

www.ausbowl.com or Ausbowl (FB) - Oz BB
NZ Blood Bowl Community (FB) - NZ BB

ksharper
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
Favourite Race: Chaos Dwarf

Post by ksharper »

Awesome.
No need for us all to start making daily posts reminding then...

Champion - WAACY 2009, Blocktober 2010, Eucbowl 2014, Mayhem on Malop 2015, Ironman 2016, SSB 2016

Moraiwe
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
Favourite Race: Khemri

Post by Moraiwe »

I don't want to pile on with the other comments that were made regarding the scoring, but I found this posted on TFF and thought it worth sharing... it pretty much sums up how I feel about how events should be scored.
Purplegoo wrote:The area that really irritates me (in general, not just here) is tournament scoring systems. Scoring at NAF events is my absolute personal bugbear, and something with a NAF badge on it not giving an example I see as the ‘correct’ version in this summary makes me grind my teeth a little. I’d rather this piece not steer new TOs down the all too common path of ropey systems.

We all attend BB events to have a laugh, meet friends and have fun, no-one spends time and money travelling to win first and foremost. That is a given, and I wanted to get in before anyone else did. However, these things are ‘tournaments’, so something as trivial as getting the scoring system that determines final placings right should be pretty easy, and isn’t really an area for flair or innovation. Keep it simple and correct.

Blood Bowl is not football. A win should not be valued more highly than double a tie. We have no spectators to please (Jimmy Hill be damned), and the mechanics of our strategy game are often not suited to pressing for a win over a tie if behind at the half (for instance). Indeed, scoring systems that value a win as more valuable than two ties can very easily encourage coaches to play badly, which is counter intuitive.

Bonus points are a plague. Again, rewarding poor play (pushing for 3-0 at the expense of consolidating a victory) or rewarding a good Swiss draw twice (woo! I’ve drawn 16 Snotlings, I’ll win. Woo! Not only will I win, I will collect loads of bonus points equivalent to a whole tie, when those two guys playing out a fantastically coached 0-0 will just get a bad draw’s worth of points) is the sort of thing that shouldn’t happen.

BPs are easily dismissed with a wave of the hand as just a bit of fun, but all too often they impact tournament results more than they should. Rather than adding transparency, we are too commonly left in a situation where the proper tournament winner on 5/1/0 is awaiting a handshake, only for the guy on 4/2/0 (or worse) that killed everything to become the shock winner, to the surprise of everyone following the top tables. Whilst no-one goes home and punches a wall, everyone looks at each other and says ‘well, that’s a bit crap, sorry buddy. See you in a month or so?’ and the winner is left ashen faced. It’s perverse that we go out of our way at tournaments to crown incorrect winners. Nothing in a rulespack is really sacred; skills packages, tiering systems, gold to spend should be, and are, all up for grabs. But intuitively, the scoring system should be the one thing that is bloody sacred. Bonus points for sendings off, indeed.

2/1/0 / SoS tie breakers is very slowly creeping in as ‘standard’ at both flagship events and some smaller tournaments. Like democracy, it’s not perfect, but it’s the best system we’ve got by some distance. I can accept 1000 /500/0 with a point or two for TDs and CAS if you must, but why meddle with something so simple and elegant?

So, er, TL:DR, at least put the best system in, like?
I feel only two things: nothing and nothingness.

D_Arquebus
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: SLOBB + SWL

Post by D_Arquebus »

Loaded into NAF :)
NAF Regional Tourney Organiser (Oz/ NZ)

13th Worldwide to 24 Teams :)

Results by Team: Play the 24+2 :)
Sport: Necro, Ogre
Painted: 24hr Painting Challenge